Oats have a well-balanced nutritional composition, and one serving (30 grams) of oats contains 117 calories.
By weight, raw oats are 66% carbohydrates, 17% protein, 7% fat and 11% fiber.
Benefits of Oats
– Oats Are Incredibly Nutritious
– Whole Oats Are Rich in Antioxidants, Including Avenanthramides
– Oats Contain a Powerful Soluble Fiber Called Beta-Glucan
– They Can Lower Cholesterol Levels and Protect LDL Cholesterol From Damage
– Oats Can Improve Blood Sugar Control
– Oatmeal Is Very Filling and May Help You Lose Weight
– Finely Ground Oats May Help With Skin Care
– They May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Asthma
– Oats May Help Relieve Constipation